Tuesday, July 15, 2008

El Shaddai

You may not believe it but tonight I had my older four in bed and sound asleep at 6:00pm.
We had some pretty late nights and early mornings with doing papers that it was much needed.
I lite some candles, the house was clean, Chris was outside getting some stuff done, so it was just Rachael and I. We sat in the rocking chair for almost 2 hours. I nursed and sang to her the song El Shaddai and rocked her until she fell sound asleep. My heart is full!
ElShaddai:
Slumber pulls the shades on sleepy eyes, Lashes rest on ruby cheeks,We rock in time.
I want to linger here And bask in sweet reflections thankfully. Joy sublime. Feelings flood, thoughts seem to dance With love and pure delight, It comes so naturally to be the motherof my child. El Shaddai, in your image am IEl Shaddai, Creator of the Lullaby,Deep within your heart you hold the source for everything that's tender,Soft and kind. To caress the world the world withwarm affection
You thought of a mother -Beautiful design. And as I hold this baby in my arms I'm like a picture of you, To nurture with your love is what you made me to do
El Shaddai, in your image am I El Shaddai, Creator of the Lullaby
R

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dontcha just treasure those peaceful moments?

I sing this song to Emma,
"It is time to go to bed...
and Jesus loves you so...
It is time for all good boys and girls, to sleep so they can grow."

I remember Mumsie singing that to us when we were young.

Unknown said...

That is beautiful. I love one on one time with my little ones.