Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hello Beauty


I get to wake-up to this little beauty every morning. Aren't I blessed?
Really how could anyone wake up grumpy when you have sweet baby breath on you?
All my babies have co-slept until around 2 1/2 yrs, and for us it's such a precious memory.
In fact we still have a few that crawl in to our bed at night. I woke up this morning with Natalie
tucked in bedside me. Today I was going through pictures and I was reminded of just how fast
our time mothering littles goes, and to just enjoy today.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW What a sweetie!

Jody Spark said...

My sentiment exactly, Miranda.

Some of my most treasured memories as a mother are feeling warm little bodies next to me as I sleep. But even more so, my favourite part of the day is praying with my children, then singing hymns and lullabies to them as they fall asleep. They love, as I do, that still, tender time at the end of the day to reflect, repent and reconnect before sleep. No matter what happened in the day -- good or bad -- it is a special time of healing. I am always willing to stroke their hair and softly hum Amazing Grace until they drift off. One day, they won't need me to be there as they fall asleep anymore and I will miss these cherished times.