Friday, August 29, 2008

Seamless Garment


My sweet little treasure Rachael has had a fever now for two days. She has wanted nothing but her Mama's arms. As a mother of five children I took advantage of this time to be blessed to hold, rock, nurse, and just love on her while she is sick.
Later in the morning my oldest offered to go snuggle her in bed. She was really wanting to go down but not alone. I took his offer up. When I went in to peak on them this is what I found.
How priceless, I believe this is one of the blessings of having many children. They are learning to give of themselves it's not all about them. They are seeing at a young age the joy in pouring your life into a wee one. I later explained to Austin that the love Rachael felt today from him willing to lay with her will stay with her all the days of her life. She may never remember this day but the love that she feels in our family will remain.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. Treasured moments that we mothers will always remember.

Heather said...

That is so precious! Thank the Lord for older children!

Heather Wawa

Anonymous said...

I am just now seeing this; how precious your son is! What a darling picture. Aren't you so glad you peeked in on them?

Anonymous said...

Posting a comment to update your blog. :D