Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Gift of the Spirit.

I can't believe a whole week has went by since I last wrote. Goodness it's been blessedly full-to-overflowing days. The two littlest one have not been their joyful selves.
But rather cranky and needing alot of cuddles. I was starting to wonder if a sickness was going to go threw the house but all is well today. While the little ones are in need of a mama the older ones are in need of me as well. I have been so very blessed with some very strong Christian women in my life, a very close friend and I have been discussing the gifts of the spirit. Our conversation challenged me deeply and reminded me that the Holy Spirit dwells within us.

During a moment of a crying baby in the wrap and an upset toddler at my feet, I stood at my kitchen sink and being to pray in my prayer language. I have not done this in so long, in that moment I needed the Holy Spirit to come and wash over me to refresh me.

As I prayed I could feel the Holy Spirit consume me and every hair on my arms raise. Oh how I long for THIS fellowship. It was the sweetest time and a priceless gift from my Lord.

5 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

peace

Shelly said...

What an absolutely beautiful picture of Jude ...

Jody Spark said...

Do you have a scripture reference to support the concept of a "prayer language?"

Anonymous said...

This is a great link, I had also sent it to another friend and it is full of scriputure.

http://www.christian-faith.com/forjesus/baptism-in-the-Holy-Spirit

Anonymous said...

that pic of Jude all wrapped in the blanket is so fitting for how the Holy Spirit "wrapped you" as you prayed. Thanks for sharing such a precious moment!