Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall Time

' How can one family affect anything?
One person battling away to put selfish interest aside,
to put other people before herself or himself, even for a fraction
of time, day by day, how could that help?
.... One family and the children of that family can do marvelous things
to affect the world.
or devastating things to destroy it'
Edith Schaffer



It's finally cool enough that we had to turn on the heat. We made into late October with doing enough baking the house warmed up. I have made 8 pies in the last 2 weeks. They sure don't last long around here. One of our Autumn family traditions is to go to the pumpkin patch. The children always love it. This year was rather cold so we didn't last longer than an hour. We came home and warmed up with a nice cupa hot tea. Oh how I am enjoying this school year, I think more than any other year. It's such a privilege to grow and learn right along side them. The coolness of the morning draws us together to snuggle on the sofa for our morning devotion, it's such a sweet precious time for me. If I had a pause button I would use it ever single day and take a deep breath of those moments. After our time together my older ones get busy doing the things they need to get done in the morning and I work along side my littler ones getting my morning chores done. All the while speaking to their hearts and drawing them closer to Jesus. What a huge work in the Lord we have leading little ones to Him.










5 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

Bless you

Anonymous said...

I never get over how close our two girl look and even act alike. Its so amazing.

Jen said...

I love your blog - God uses you to help me remember what its all about. Thanks.

Paige said...

It aches my heart seeing all you guys so far away!! The pics are awesome!

Kristi said...

Beautiful! I love the pics!! I sent you the message on FB before I saw this post :)