Saturday, November 14, 2009

Continualy casting cares




These past two days have been tired blur, with the two babies so sick. We were back in the ER during the wee hours of the morning with both of them. A ped was called in to check them over and he was unsure if it was H1N1 or croup. The high fevers are more consistent with the swine flu. Both babies were given a second dose of the oral steroid to avoid swelling in the airway, and then we were sent home. Told to come back if we can't get on top of the fevers or if the breathing gets out of control again.
The longer I walk with the Lord it becomes more natural to cast everything on to Jesus.
It happens with out thought... like breathing. There is such an amazing peace of just trusting and doing the next thing.. There is comfort in knowing he wants to carry these burdens for me. I have to entrust my heart to him knowing he cares for my children more than I do or could ever hope to. I sat in the hospital chair this morning resting my head on Rachaels silently crying out for healing and comfort for her and Jude. It is so hard seeing your children unwell.
After we got home this afternoon we tucked the babies into bed, and I was really feeling like I hadn't connected with my older four in two days. I just hate that, I had not looked any of them in the eyes and said "how are you?" I pulled out a bunch of craft supplies made hot chocolate then Chris and I sat down with them and we made snowmen.
It was alot of fun, we also made glitter snowflakes.







1 comment:

Shelly said...

You always say how blessed you are to have your children .... and I agree, but I also believe that your children are equally as blessed to have you and Chris for parents. Your comment about not connecting with your older four says so much about who you are to your childen ... how many parents lose touch with thier kids for years ... not just for a couple of days ... and then wonder what happened.