Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Time well spent.


Today was a really productive day, the children and I really enjoyed ourselves. We made a goal together of stopping whatever we are doing at 11:30 and bundling up and going for an hour walk. It has been wonderful, such a mild February. I love the warmth of the sun on my face. Today we walked to a play ground the children ran around for a good while. When we returned home we made lunch and got babies down for naps.

During quiet time I read to the older four from our * coffee table books* We are sticking to a theme a week. Last week was famous composers. Did you know Mozart died at 35 and there is two stories about his death? One is believed he died of fever and the other is that he was murdered by a jealous composure.
This week we are reading on different painters, today we read a story about Monet.

After all our schooling was done the boys headed outside with hammers and a box of nail to build a fort, while Natalie and I made chili together. I am sure enjoying this age with her. She is such a nice young girl with a soft heart and such a strong desire to serve Jesus. I took her out on a date Saturday night just me and her. While we sipped on our drinks she says " you know whats depressing mom? Polly Pocket has no babies" Oh she makes me smile. After our coffee we went to the bookstore where she picked out a book about kittens. I was impressed at her diligence to read the whole book.
Her and I also spent some time decorating the girls bedroom for Valentines day. We cut out hearts and hung them all through the bedroom.
It is never a waste of time to invest in your children. Whether they are 5 or 50, today is the day to chase after their hearts and win them for the glory of God.
Praise God who gives us the gift of children and makes our lives sweeter on earth with their presence.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the hearts