Sunday, September 5, 2010

Summers end

The air is changing, fall is almost here. We have been sleeping with the windows open and waking up in the morning to a rather chilly house. The little's drag their heavy quilts off their beds and sleepily cuddle up on the sofa as I prepare some hot oatmeal and a steamy cup of tea for myself. As everyone starts to wake up the volume level also wakes up. August has somehow entirely come and gone, and here stands September. I have always been reminded of how much I love homemaking in the fall. Preparing for winter, putting away all the lighter clothing and washing up all the knits and heavier bedding.
Our garden has been a wonderful blessing this year, we are eatting out of it every night. There is something about growing your own veggies with your children that makes them excited to eat them!

I have set up camp here tonight in my bed with my laptop and comforter. Chris took Zachary camping for some one on one father son time. It's been a quiet evening without them here. We made sandwiches for dinner and curled up on the sofa to watch a video together. I am now almost 21 weeks along now and feeling this little blessing kick and wiggle everyday. I feel so blessed that we get to do this again. What an amazing task!

The week ahead is the start of a busy fall, I am looking forward to our home school support group picnic on Tuesday and also to celebrate my loves birthday. He is so good to me, every year that passes I am more and more thankful. Since we have started back at our schooling our days have been blessedly full-to-overflowing not leaving time for much else. I have snuck out a couple of times in the evening to connect with some of my friends which has been wonderful.

Well my eyes are getting heavier and my baby is starting to stir, I hope you all had a great weekend with your families. :)

No comments: