Saturday, November 27, 2010

Walking By the Spirit.


The Lord has been reveling His awesome power to me daily, when I really get on my face before him and pray and dig into His word he is so faithful to show us more of Himself.
We have been super busy around here with Christmas preparations, Chris and the older 2 boys got the outside lights up while the younger children and I did some indoor decorating. The tree will go up next Saturday. The kids have been busy everyday creating Christmas card, pictures, and snowflake cuts outs. Today we started some of our Christmas baking despite the head colds going around our home.

I am so grateful that our children have an opportunity to be home and develop so many creative and practical skills. Even more than that I am thankful for the family unity it creates.

I was wanting to write about the Holy Spirit's awesome power in our life. It makes me so excited what He is doing and what He will do in the future!


Everything that I know and live today is because of what the Holy Spirit has taught me. It's a beautiful thing. He's been really showing me how He has anointed me as a perfect mother for these seven children. It's truly an incredible thing that when I full lean on him he shows me how I can meet each different need of each individual child. I think our culture becomes so accustom to looking to all the "experts" for advice - myself included. But as I move into a new season of mothering I am seeing how this can cripple what God has already placed within us. The world does not have better answers than God has for our families. Of course there are times when it can give us some practical help but I am seeing when we turn to Him alone His mighty wisdom will NEVER fall short. It's difficult when we live in an culture that has many voices coming at us claiming they know what is best.

I often hear mother's talk about how hard it is or how they are not cut out for this or that. The truth is nobody is and never will be if you don't submit to your heavenly Father and have a teachable and mold able spirit. This kind of mothering takes huge sacrifices-dying to yourself-laying down all your wants for the spiritual well being of your family. We must love our children with God's love, humble and gentle. Repenting to God and our families of our fleshly and worldly hearts. You can tell if these things are present in your life by the way you treat your family. When the Holy Spirit is dwelling in your life there is continual conflict in your soul. It's a truly beautiful thing to know He is at work. The Holy Spirit and our flesh can not be one. I am daily laying on the alter all outside influence from culture and trusting the work of the Lord in my life. With out this constant humility to our Father I can't even begin to mother my children in a Godly way, it will always fail. I see in my life applying this one very thing has brought be much peace with raising my children. I have the amazing blessing of seeing God first hand answer many prayers and I anticipate many more. And I give Him all the glory.