Wednesday, July 13, 2011

He is Good


I thought while the baby naps and my little ones are busy in their blanket made fort I would write a little something.

I have been OVERWHELMED with the goodness of God these past two months. Amazed watching his plan unfold for us over and over, blessings one after another. My heart swells with gratitude and embarrassment that I have questioned His plan. He is so patient and loving with us.
I am very excited about our new little homestead tucked away in the quiet of a little country community. My children have been bubbling with excitement and have been counting down the days until we get the keys. I woke up this morning with Miss Rachael Joy moving my hair out of of my face " mommy 1 more sleep" here eyes as big a saucers.

For bible time this summer our family has decided to memorize Mathew chapter 18. Daily we read the whole chapter and repeat a few more verse over and over. I'm so thankful my children will have this tucked away in their hearts I think Jesus' instructions to us in this chapter will be very beneficial for them in life but also in our home. This is teaching them how to have peaceful conflict resolution without a grumbling and complaining attitude. We shared with with them Psalm's 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth... be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord" that as Christ followers our goal is to always speak to each other in a way that is pleasing to God. Although we are not perfect but this is the goal and we need to ask for forgiveness when we fail. Reading this same chapter everyday has made me more aware of my tone with my loved ones and caused me to talk a little softer and repent when I slip also stopping and praying in that moment for God's grace to help me stay soft.

I will be your God throughout your lifetime— until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. Isaiah 46:4


No comments: