Friday, August 12, 2011


We shouldn’t say yes to something just because it’s a good thing or even a great thing. When saying no to good things, I always remind myself...I must say no to people concerning the vast majority of good things they invite me to, in order to be available to say yes to God concerning that small number of things He has truly called me to. Sometimes we tend to say yes to too many of the good things, leaving us exhausted and unable to bring our best to those relatively few God-things. -Randy Alcorn

2 comments:

Anne Geddert said...

A good reminder. I had to say "no" to 2 good things this fall and although it feels a bit painful or "guiltful", I know in the long run it is for my best and the good of my family!

Anonymous said...

Hi Miranda
This is completely off topic, but I can't find you or your mom from my new FB account. Can you look me up and add me? Brandy Lynn Utz. Thanks :)