Thursday, July 26, 2012

Teaching an Art.

 Every mother out there is equipped to teach their children. One thing that is important to me is to teach the arts. As my daughters start to get older I am getting excited about teaching them new skills. Some skills I will be learning right along with them. The most important thing I want them to know is never stop trying, do all things as unto the Lord.  I want them to understand that skills are a blessing and should not take away from the ones you love whether its cooking, writing, sewing, music, counsel, listening, gardening, organization or whatever your gift might be it is secondary to the ones the Lord has put in your care.



Natalie made Rachael's dolly a blanket for the baby crib.

We live in a society that is constantly pushing us to think about “our” needs, instead of the needs of others.  I love the end result of sewing but it brings much frustration for me when things don't go just so.  Teaching Natalie brings back lots of memories for me. I am very thankful my mom took the time when I was young to teach me this womanly art.
 For me I need to remember to shower my daughters with praise and be patient with them as they try new things. Kindly and patiently  instruct. Teach them with example as well as with words. Encourage, encourage, encourage—this is so important in teaching and igniting a love for learning and building a vision that entails a love for the home that one day they too, will create and manage.

“As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another,
as good stewards of God’s varied grace…”
I Peter 4:10

No comments: