Friday, October 4, 2013

34 Week Update!

  
    We made it to 34 weeks o yeah!!!!!! It feels so good to know that if they come any time after this point we are past so many major health risks! Yes of course we want them to stay longer and keep developing and keep getting bigger (but not too big, LOL).  Had a fluid test Friday afternoon which measures the fluid around babies and blood flow going through their umbilical cords. We got a new weight on them 5lbs -9ozs and 5lbs- 3ozs. Healthy little boys in there. Baby A was tucked away curled up in behind his brother playing shy while B was being quite the show off giving us this beautiful face shot.
   It’s crazy to think that there is a good chance that the twins could be here within 1-4 weeks. I’m still praying for 37-38 weeks 6-7lb babies  but I know so many mom’s of twins that have went in their 35th week. But then again I know a lot of mom’s that have made it to 38 weeks also and even 40 weeks.

This past week also marked my weekly NST's there's nothing like being up on labor and delivery NOT in pain but listening to other women. I whispered to Chris "I can't believe we are doing this again hehe"

My belly is out of control. Each day that goes by, it gets bigger and bigger and heavier.  Overall I am sleeping deeper and feeling more rested, defiantly needing to sleep in the day. Had a couple really rough nights where I would wake up around 1:00am and go have a bath and that seemed to help.

I’ve started loosely working on a birth plan! And I must say it’s much harder with twins. Still planning on a non medicated birth in a normal delivery room. I’m aware if they come sooner than 36 weeks there will be more concerns and possible NICU time.

Also working on who will be in the delivery room! If it was up to me I would have 20 of my girl friends in the room but I know that’s just not possible!!!  I also know that we have no control of when it will take place so some of my friends might not be able to make it! With each delivery, my labors have gotten faster and faster. We will just have to wait and see how it all works out!

Last weekend our friends threw us one of the most amazing showers. All diapers!!!  Zachary did the math and if we used 12 diapers a day they should last 176 days! So amazing! I was reminded that night of the support we have in our walk. Chris and I are so thankful for how many people just continually show us love .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thinking of you, Miranda. Happy Birthday. I check here often, to see if there are any baby updates. Keeps me praying for that wonderful time to come when the 'boys' will meet the world and vice versa.

Angel said...

That is awesome! I a so glad you have such wonderful local support!