Monday, September 8, 2014

A Flat Stanley Surprise!

One of our dearest nurses for our baby Henry has become very close to my heart.
Kathryn has stood beside me many sleepless nights as we stared at heart monitors with O2 levels dropping dangerously low. She listens to me pour out my fears, she has stood at the elevators saying good bye as we are medi vac to Children's Hospital and welcomed us home when we were transferred back.   She has loved Henry from the beginning but not only Henry but our whole family.. When Henry required home nursing care she jumped on it to be in my home. She was  perfect!

This past week she left for a month long trip to Europe, I felt like her Mama worried sick about this adventure she was about to take but so excited for her at the same time.
 Last week we awoke to a surprise message from our dear Kat.
I asked my little ones if there is anything they want me to tell her and little Jude replied "When is she coming home?" It's been a week and already I am being asked how many more sleeps until
Kathryn is home.



Hey there Brown family!! It's Flat Stanley and I caught a ride with Kathryn to visit Europe with her! We flew on 2 planes: one really small and one really really big! Like bigger than your house big! And then we had to walk...a lot...and ta...ke an underground train that goes super fast! And then we got to sleep in hotel room with 4 beds, all just for us!! It's another day of adventure tomorrow and I'll send you another message when I can! Bye 


Hey there Brown family! So I know that it seems like I just wrote the other message to you but I was late with that one so I'm catching up now! Today Kat and I went to Buckingham Palace where the Queen lives!! It was soooooooo big! Way bigg...er than our gigantic plane yesterday. But they wouldn't let us take pictures of the inside so I had to wait until we left to get a photo with Kat. And I didn't get to see the Queen or any of the royal family, not even a royal puppy. But I did see a squirrel in the royal gardens, do you think that counts?? I think it should. I'm not sure what we're going to do next but I will send you another message when I can! Bye 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DEElightful posts Miranda. What a blessing this young lady, Kat, is to your family.
None of the homeschooling collective from way back would probably ever have dreamed of the events that have unfolded in your lives. And yet; in spite of all that has happened - Flat Stanley lives on to share in your adventures. Very special.