Sunday, April 26, 2015




        Where have I been? Time flies when your busy.

We have been plugging along with our school days. The children just finished up 8 weeks of swimming lessons. I saw the most drastic improvements with Rachael and Jude. Last year was the first summer those two would even go in our pool at home. By the end of this session Rachael was confidently swimming and Jude was eager to bop around without fear of water on his face.

This Easter holiday we held back from Easter-ish traditions. No eggs, no chocolate etc.. We observed the feast of unleavened bread and really focused on what Christ has done for us our spotless lamb. I think this was my most favourite holiday with my children.  Nobody felt they missed out or complained... it felt holy. My home felt purified and clean. It was wonderful.

 I have been really praying and asking God to orchestrate and drive when it comes to educating my children.  Ive been eager for something fresh and new.  We live and have created a learning rich environment with many things going on around us all the time. I have made myself available to interact with them all day.  Coming to the end of our 11th year home educating I have seen many seasons come and go.  I can not be all things to all the children. We have seasons where the focus is just one learning to read, or when we are up late talking. Homeschooling is so much easier when we TRUST Him, listen to Him, rest in Him and quit doubting yourself so much. Avoiding the temptation to over control your days.

Last spring our pet rabbit got loose in our yard, he didn't stray far so we let her be. In November we noticed a white wild rabbit had become friends with ours.  It was the cutest thing watching these two chase each other.  Well last night there was a buzz of excitement we saw three fluffy baby bunnies eating away in my front flower beds.   What a neat experience for the children exactly this is what I love about our days. We decided to read just how often a mama bunny can reproduce and well we might have to figure something out.  I feel a little like Beatrix Potter.

Last week we had decided now with the spring weather to create nature journals again. I gave Natalie the task at creating them, she used booklets from the dollar store and brown paper bags that she fed through the printer for a picture and then added colour.

May and June  much of our outside commitments have ended and we will have much more time to explore and do more project based learning.  I look forward to this, I think we over did ourselves this year. Natalie will still continue with violin and Presley with piano and Natalie and Rachael have their dance recitals coming up at the end of May but these lesson will now be happening on Mondays shrinking back my calendar a lot.