Thursday, March 9, 2017



The children all continue to take dance a couple times a week.
Natalie also continues to teach ballet to the 3-5 year olds.  In February we mourned the loss of their beloved ballet teacher and my childhood friend.  We had a councillor come in to the very first dance class. It's absolutely heart breaking to watch your children ache.  We attended the funeral as a family, and Natalie danced at the funeral dancing to the song "heal". I am so proud of her. She cried her way though but her strength and love for Miss Anna shone brightly though. 

Austin has also arrived back home from India. Many evenings are spent listening to his stories and how the Lord has moved his heart. I praise God for his hand in my children's lives. He takes us through deep waters but His grace is there. 

We also have added to our family. This past January an email came through from our local pregnancy care centre sent to all the churches in Kamloops. A 15 year old expectant mom was looking to re-locate off Vancouver Island to have a fresh start. She was looking for a family that could mentor her as a mother herself but have the safety and support of a family. I ignored the email for 2 weeks. I even deleted it after reading it. Two weeks later the Lord woke me up in the night thinking about this young lady. I emailed the pregnancy care centre to find out if a home had been found. I was shocked to hear no body had responded.  To make a long amazing story short we have moved her into our home. My husband has took this on to provide for her and her child. I felt so strongly that I can't speak about my pro-life beliefs unless I live them out when God puts it in front of our face. Ziera has since shared that if she hadn't found a home she was left to abort her child. I praise God for saving this precious baby.  Ziera has fully embraced us as mom and dad and is so open to our faith. She is not yet a believer but we pray the Lord would continue to soften her heart.  My prayer is that my children will see the Gospel being lived in our home and that actions will teach more than any story or curriculum. 
 I want these children to see no matter our past or present we all need someone in our corner … to have our back … to believe in us when we don’t believe in ourselves.  We can do that for the people who are learning how to treat others by watching us live.I want them to learn to build up, not tear down …I want be a role model, not a bad example … so I can leave a legacy, not a scar. These are my hopes for anyone who spends time in our home. 

We continue to travel to Vancouver monthly for Mr. Henry, he is doing quite well at the moment and we are enjoying the calm. 
Our days at home are spent with our regular routine, of homeschooling and chores. On Sunday evening's we are still hosting an evening bible study in our home. The children love sharing meals and having that play time. 

Hannah has completed Abeka Numbers Skills 5.
She is very eager to get her school work done every day which makes teaching her a joy.  Hannah has also completed Abeka Think and Learn K5. This book is excellent for  writing skills, eye-hand coordination, listening and thinking skills, good character, and visual perception. At this point I am unsure if I will order grade 1 or focus on other area's for Spring. 

Hannah also continues to work through 100 Eazy Lessons, she is doing well sounding out words. 









   
   Igloo building. We've been reading about the people who live around Canada's largest river delta. This story is about a boy with mixed cultural heritage - Gwich'in and Inuvialuit.



Hannah  and I read about the first Nations people complete with crafts. 





Jude reviewing Canada's colours and writing about how to respect the Canadian flag.


Afternoon crafting to inspire Spring to come. Tie-dye butterflies.

After lunch when things quiet down I have been reading  Wisdom with the Millers with my younger children. Focusing on the Proverbs and life experiences that talk about many topic's. 
Jude's Language Art's
He is reading well now, and doing fantastic with spelling. 



 We continue to work through CLE Bible 2. I read the stories out loud while he colours the picture or does the worksheet. 

Jude has completed Saxon Math 2 and I am a little unsure if I want to move to Saxon 3 or try a different curriculum.  He did well grasping all the concepts and continues to memories multiplication fact with flash cards. 


On Monday's in-between dance classes we have been spending our time down at the river. No agenda, just fresh air and creative play. This has been very important to me as the world pushes it's media agenda on my children. We don't have cable, but with Netflix and the school project's online I worry about the time in front of a screen. Giving them different places in nature to explore and breath deep and been refreshing to us. 
This December Zachary built the family an outdoor skating rink. Hours and hours have been spent outside skating. Everyone's skills has greatly improved.  It's been absolutely wonderful to have an activity that all the children can do together.  I continue to trust the Lord in our peaceful relaxed way of education. Training these children he has given me to walk in rightiousness. Beauty and personal growth is blooming all around us, as I humbly go through my days as a mother.  I pray he will sustain me and my health, that he would continue to bless us even when the storms of life come.  As I type this I hear worship music in the kitchen and the children singing and laughing together. I praise Him for the work He has done in-spite of my weakness.