Friday, November 28, 2008

Cold Hands

What a BEAUTIFUL day it was! I woke up to the two little ones squealing with excitement at the snow falling. My bigger boys had been up for over an hour and were quietly sitting at the dining room table working on their math. We spent the morning busying ourselves doing the house chores, my hard little workers we eager to get outside to play. My oldest got himself all ready and went to shovel the drive way, while I got little ones ready to go out.
We never do much school in December for this reason, the children just want to play outside.

Once all ready we headed to a friends house to play in the snow and us moms sat inside drinking our hot tea. It was such a peaceful afternoon.

My littlest boy wouldn't wear his mitts, by the time we got home tears were streaming down his cold little cheeks cause they hurt. I ran him a nice warm bubble bath and made him a cup of hot chocolate to drink in the tub and he was a happy little guy.




“I want to see little children adorning every home as flowers adorn every meadow and every wayside. I want to see them welcomed to the homes they enter, to see their parents grow less and less selfish and more and more loving because they have come. I want to see these precious gifts accepted, not frowned upon.”

“Here is a little mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God, and the body in which it dwells is worth all it will cost, since it is abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to your mother’s heart, welcome to her time, her strength, her health, to her most tender cares, to her life~long prayers! Oh how rich I am, how truly, how marvelously blest!”

No comments: