Sunday, December 21, 2008

Berry- Chilly


Today has been a blessed day for me. My littlest three all have nasty colds so we stayed home from church as Chris took the older two. It was a slow quiet morning as I sat at the dining room table sipping my coffee; I had time to focus on the many things I have to be thankful for. I soaked in every breath of my sweet children as they ate there breakfast. I look into their eyes and it makes me so sad to see how the world views them.
Recently I got asked what I did before I had children and I said “I have never been employed” they were so shocked. But you know I feel zero temptation to try the working world. I am so grateful that I am woman and that I am everyday where God wants me to be. The joy that I have in my life comes from doing my best at the role God has given me.
My joy comes from the things that this world has grown to hate.....serving my husband, creating a peaceful home, loving, nurturing, homeschooling my children... being here at night to tuck them in. Showing them how much the Lord loves them and how he has a plan for them.
I find joy in the “mundane” things laundry (at least I try too), dishes, diapers, messy faces, dirty little hands, floors. Encouraging my little’s to work alongside me and singing their favourite Sunday school song. Yes, I try very hard to go about these things with a smile, because they are precious to me. I am so blessed to have a husband that makes living on one income work.
I thank the Lord for sticky floors to wash, dirty diapers to dunk, meals to make, dishes to wash, a husband to go to bed with, little boys and girls to train, and new babies to welcome. The babies my husband and I welcome into our lives have each offered a tiny taste of Heaven. Also for babies lost. This is a pain I had hoped to never endure but the closeness I felt to my Heavenly Father as I laid in my husband’s arms and cried is one I am thankful to have been through. And then joy of a positive test after a loss, it is such a different feeling after you have lost something so dear to your heart.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh MIranda, I would trade my working life for the exact things you just described in a heartbeat. Don't ever let anyone make you feel that just because you don't work outside that home that you don't work. The work you do raising those amazing little human beings is every bit as valuable, if not more so, than any other 'job', in fact, what could possibly be more important than raising children in a way that allows them to value the world they live in and the world that was created just for them.

Chas said...

Beautifully put Miranda... just beautiful.
(((HUGS))) to you sweet friend.
Love,
Chas

http://www.homesteadblogger.com/chas

Mama K said...

oh my kindred mommy, my heart is so the same!!! i just wish i didn't have to go back to work after this... i'm exploring things but it just breaks my heart to think that i'd have to have people raising my baby!!!! and there is such a bitter sweetness in seeing those two lines after a loss... i thank God for you my friend.