Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday Zachary


My sweet little man, I can not believe 8 years have went by so quickly. I remember the day you were born so clearly.
Today I pray that you grow to know, love, and follow Jesus.

That your life be filled with great joy wherever the Lord may lead you, and that your intoxicating smile would brighten the lives of all you know.

I pray that you stay strong and healthy.

That you might stay close to your siblings and make true friends who can help you to grow in Christian character.

That you might be truly happy to be exactly who God made you to be.

That your childhood might be filled with sweet and significant memories.

That you might have a hunger for learning your whole life.

That God will continue to work in me to be the best mom to you.
That God would make you into a mighty man of God and that you may bring Him glory.

You are growing up in so many ways, and each day I catch another glimpse of something new that makes me see just how blessed we are to have you in our lives. I am so privileged to love and care for you, and watch you grow into a young man. Your dad and I have been entrusted with you by God to raise you for His glory, and it isn't hard to be reminded of that because I cannot look at you without thinking of Him and how He gave me the tremendous blessing of being your mother. Happy birthday Zachary we love you more than you will know!

3 comments:

Alice said...

this is a really nice blessing from your mom...may i also add a little something...with a 12-yr boy in the house...

when you are older, you will come to accept that your mom has tried her very best (even at time you can only think of her shortcoming)...

happy birthday

Melanie said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to Zachary!

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

It was nice to catch up w/ you on your blog! Y'all're awesome!