Monday, December 8, 2008

Crabby Mommy Days

Yesterday was one of those "crabby mommy days" It didn't matter what was going on I was irritated. It felt like if my preschooler wasn't whining someone was making some strange horse sounds and running around riding the broom like a horse. And of course my older ones seemed to have all the answers.
I came into my bedroom and thoughts of Proverbs 15:1 "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger"

I ended up being harsher than I normally would in my tone. And I could see the look in there eyes. Which broke my heart, it was on of those moments that you swore you wouldn't have with your children. When I was growing up I don't think my parents ever said they were sorry. And even if they did my reaction was "wrong" so it was still my fault.

Before bedtime I had to get down on their level and look them in the eyes and confess to them how wrong I was. How sad I was I let my flesh speak and not the Lord. My children are so forgiving they smiled and and said I love you with hugs and kisses. Being broken is such a beautiful place to be especially in front of the littlest ones. They really show you the Grace of God with how quick to forgive they are. And besides that it is good for me to confess my sin to them it keeps my heart in the right spot......humble


3 comments:

~Becky said...

I had one of those days last week. And when I was apologizing to Saida for being irritated all day, she looked at me with a questionable glance and said,"I didn't see you do it." It just reminded me of how God forgives. After we confess to Him, sometimes we still carry around guilt on our shoulders for our past actions, when God is already saying, "I didn't see you do it." :)

Just A Family said...

beautiful!!!

Robin

Anonymous said...

Lovely picture.

Having one of those crabby days myself. I put on Brothers Four music and just let music drown out everything else.