Monday, December 15, 2008

Where I want to be

I love sleeping babies. She ended up with a fever during the night. Which makes for a long restless night for mama.

I read this quote recently and it really made me think about my attitude in my home.

"What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow."

Sometimes I forget this. When there is much to be done dishes, laundry, diapers, cooking, homeschooling I forget. I forget the vision that I hold so dear of a loving family, a warm and happy home, a space for God to dwell richly in me and mine. I have a vision of the blessings that God pours out on us. Sometimes I make this picture in my head of dinner table discussions, or clean sheets on the beds, being home in the evening to pray with littles. These are indeed blessings but I'm learning more and more the bigger blessing is when God meets me in the humble daily moments. ( like my previous post)



See how Rachael has lined up all the cars? All my toddlers have done this.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its how cold and she was nekkid? TEASING YA! I'm impressed with the car line up... I wonder if Emma would even concider doing that. She likes to take wood blocks and stack them... then the moment. One block may happen to fall down and she can happily express, "uh oooooooooooooooooh".

What a fun activity for the children.

Anonymous said...

hehe! She was just fresh
out of the tub.

Angel said...

Your blog is so inspiring to me. I love how you are so real about the struggles of motherhood but never complain or take it for granted!
I love ya!!! I'm so thankful to have found you on the shed!
I read my blogs in a reader, so I am guilty of not commenting often, but I wanted to let you know I do read and I really appreciate what you share!

P.S Commented back to you on the Stepping Heavenward quote that you inspired :)