Sunday, December 28, 2008

May 24 2007

This is one of my old journal entries I thought I'd share.

I love being a wife, I have the most amazing man leading my home. I love being a mother it's my calling and I embrace it 110%. I love being a woman I strive and pray and want to live a quiet humble life. I find in my walk as a Christian woman a major stumbling block for me is other women. There are just some women that bring out the worst in you. And your ugly sinful nature comes out. I hate feeling awful after a visit with someone. Becuase my heart is NOT ugly and rude. But my sinful nature sure can be.As a mom of soon to be 5 children I believe I hold something very valuable in me. A priceless treasure that can be shared with those who are most dear and special to me. In my heart I have the power to leave a godly legacy behind me. I have little eyes watching me all day long. Today on a long drive home my oldest asked me a question about someone he heard me say something about another mom. And I felt so ashamed, that the ugliness of my sin came forth. I had to repent to my 8 year old boy that I should have never said something so rude. It made it so painfully clear that every word that I say, every look, every praise, every song...I am molding and influencing young hearts every moment of every day.I am modeling with a vision so long term that it reaches into generations of great great grandchildren we might never see. I am writing on there hearts that are eternal the whispers of a mothers love, and ultimately the unfolding of a powerful legacy. It made me think every thing that comes out of my mouth or the looks on my face will leave its imprint and echo into the future. Every response, every act of kindness...it all matters. Now to figure out how not to fall into sin when in a group with other women....It's hard women are no longer gentle and quiet but instead are loud,and rude. They are no longer beautiful with a calm, serene spirit but instead draw attention to themselves in worldly ways. I don't want to be like that. I crave meekness. Now it seems women have prideful posture, dress immodest and having a spirit of conflict and problems. They are so full of anger and lack of self control and their quest for beauty is in vain. It's hard when we live in a world that pulls this ugliness to the surface. I just want a humble home, with meek and quiet spirit a calm, soft, mild, friendly and kindly spirit. A REAL treasure I can pass down to my babes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For an old post it is just as important today as it was a year and a half ago. You are as much an insperation now as you were then and now not just to your children, but to the rest of the world as well. May people continue to look at you differently and wonder what makes you different. Christ shinning in you is your beacon to your family and to the world.

Unknown said...

Hey, it's Laura from IHP. I wanted to tell you I enjoy reading your blog. I tuck away your advice for one day when I have kids. Have a great day!

Kristi said...

I just posted a comment but it doesn't look like it showed up...just wanted to say that I loved this and thank you for sharing. Very wise words.

Anonymous said...

Hi Miranda, Jody's mom here! I have not checked your blog for quite awhile, only excuse is 'too busy' which is a VERY bad excuse . . . but just today I was thinking of you and went to your blog on my favorites list - it was meant to be for me to read your post from your journal of May 24/07 - your words are not only beautiful, but inspirational, and I greatly admire your honesty about dealing with other women - I am almost twice your age but your words have reminded me that I'm not alone as we strive to be women in the way God intended. Thank you Miranda and may God greatly bless you, your incredible husband, and your beautiful family. In His peace and love, Jayne