Friday, December 26, 2008

Resting in His arms


We had such a wonderful blessed Christmas this year. I sat in my living room this morning watching the snow fall thinking over this past year. The Lord has done a mighty work in my life. I am just so thankful for the times when the Lord gets a hold of you and shakes things up a bit.

So many late nights has left me rather sick. I’ve laid in bed for most of the day. My loving husband and children have been bringing me hot drinks to ease my cough that has left belly really sore. I lay here with my bible open soaking it the Words of my Heavenly Father. The Word’s pour out a peaceful rest that only comes from Him. He is the Lover of my soul, all my hopes, dreams, joys, pain, and fears... He knows, He loves me no matter what, He loves me for who I am.
I find a place of peaceful rest, near the heart of God.
In the many doings of my life, He is the One that keeps me, that holds and sustains me, that causes my heart to overflow, with a love and love that I could never possess on my own. He takes all that I am and am not, and freely gives of Himself. Tonight I am resting, resting in the loving arms of MY Savior.

I pray that I will walk in His gentleness and continually find rest in His presences.

2 comments:

Chas said...

Rest in His arms, Dear Friend...
I hope you sleep well and feel much better soon.
Love,
Chas

~Pam~ said...

Hi Miranda,
Love your post. You are such a blessing. Praying you feel better.
xoxo