Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Warm Cozy Nights

Lately I have felt really inspired with my homemaking. I have been doing more reading on "how to's" and finding out what other homeschooling Mama's do to make there homes a peaceful place.
One thing the Lord has really placed on my heart is to give sacrificially more. To pour myself out more. The world tells us we need "me time" every time I have took the world's advice I end up discontent and lacking joy. But as soon as I keep giving to my husband and children a joy comes that is unexplainable.


This afternoon we snuggled on the couch and read the story of the Advent Calender. We have been having fun with the first week of Advent. We plan to memorize Luke chapter 2 before Christmas together. It's been going well and creates great memories, every morning we say 2 verses at breakfast together.


I love cold winters nights, with candles lit and everyone calming down for bed. Tonight we made a steamy cup of candy cane hot chocolate. While we sipped we chatted about our day. The children were very excited to tell there daddy about the play we saw this morning. It was neat to hear each one tell there favorite parts.
Well that's all for tonight, I hope you have a wonderful day with your family tomorrow. Do something to make a special memory.
"Parenting, like courtship, must be properly seasoned with joy. Parenting without joy is not only tasteless, it is tiresome. Joy is the expression of present life—yet more, it is the energy and vision of life that shall be.
Parenting without joy is like music without rhythm or flowers without color. A joyless parent can no more raise happy kids than a skunk can raise skunklets that smell good. "

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you bless me! You are a wonderful mom!