Thursday, March 26, 2009

We only get one chance.

Life took a turn this past week, one that has left us shaken and with broken hearts.

Two things became very real once again to Chris and I this week. #1 Heaven and Hell are a true reality #2 our babies grow so fast we need to be joyful mothers of many children because it could be over in an instant!

On Saturday afternoon I received a phone call that nobody ever wants to get. My cousin his fiancé and her father were tragically killed in a car accident. They left behind a 7 year old daughter and 4 month old son.




As far as I know my cousin was not saved, I think that alone is the most painful reality of his death. Over the week being with family and talking about him over the past 29 years I couldn't help but think how short and precious our time mothering our children is. It could be over so fast. It's amazing how when real life comes knocking at your door how much you die to yourself again. My sweet children understand death and have walked that road with us in the past.

Sometimes we can get so caught up in the daily grind of mothering we forget to enjoy and savour our children's sweetness. Or even just running your fingers through there soft hair. Stopping what you think is so important and just being in the moment with them.

I'm sure my Aunt would love one more day to be with him, to go back and snuggle a little longer.

If you could remember us in prayer, death is always a difficult time. Being 38.5 weeks pregnant also makes for more difficult days. Sadly this is the second time I have had to walk such a painful road while due with a new baby.

4 comments:

Renee said...

I am so sorry. Thank you for the reminder to enjoy each moment.

Praying for you and your new little one.

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you regarding that Miranda, knowing that this is the second time you've faced tragedy right at the end of a pregnancy. It is my prayer that God will strengthen you and give you true peace that only HE can give. I am so sorry about your cousin and your post is SO TRUE!! we need to cherish every moment God gives us with those we love

Denise said...

Miranda, I'm sorry about this trial you are once again facing. Keeping you in my prayers!

Sheri aka kitchenmaid said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. May the Lord be especially near and dear to you and your precious family.