Sunday, November 8, 2009

Some thoughts from the heart...

I often do an 11:00pm self evaluation, laying in my bed nursing my sweet baby in the pitch black, all I hear is the leaky bathroom facet. This is where I go over the days events and think and pray. I'm learning something about myself, often I would have described myself as one who is not easily offend or hurt, but the fact of the matter is I am.
Once I have let you *in* and showed you my heart & soul the core of who I am, I lose that thick skin.

I do not like people to assume they know who I am. Or to assume they know why I do what I do. Even if it is based on something I have said, I am much more deep that a brief coffee date and I never let anyone in that deep because I am fearful of being hurt.
So often I listen and never share and when I do share your getting a very watered down version.

I have been challenged lately as a woman who loves the Lord, and really meditating on the verse "She watches over the affairs of her household.."proverbs 31:27
More and more I am needing to cling close under the wing of the Lord and only rely on Him. I'm seeing more and more worldly vices that are continuing to tempt, so we must be alert and discerning as we purposefully choose to live differently. And the fact is differently is painful. I don't want to be a Sunday Christian. I have such a hunger that only the Lord can satisfy. I have a burden for my family to have a Godly heritage. To raise children who love the Lord with everything they got. To pour myself into them and teach them the ways of God. I am willing to give it all up to see my children walk in truth. I have tears streaming down my face as I write this because the burden I have for my family is so huge all I can do is cry out to the Lord. Just think about it..

If you don't sing to your children...who will?

If you don't read to your children..who will?

If you don't teach the Word of God to your children...who will?

If you don't hug your child when they fall...who will?

If you don't teach your daughter the gentler graces of womanhood...who will?

If you don't teach your son's about courageous manhood...who will?

If you don't share the gospel with your children to get saved...who will?


I will tell you who...

The world will sing your children to sleep with lullabyes of narcissism, sensuality and violence.

The world will read to your children and teach them anti-God philosophies and give them a humanistic education.

The world will teach your children that the Word of God does not matter today, is false and is irrelevant and ultimately to be rejected but all other faiths fully embraced.

The world will hug your child when they fall and teach them that homosexuality is okay.

The world will teach your daughters by showing them to dress and act like prostitutes, drink and do drugs, rebel and have unprotected sex.

The world will teach your sons to have dirty mouths, drink and do drugs, rebel and have unprotected sex.

The world will share it's gospel with you---that a man can only be saved if he seeks his own rights and comforts, if he chases after materialism, big toys, vanity, power and success and that you must absolutely sacrifice yourselves and your families to acquire such attainment. Here God does not rule, only shameful man. Deadly sin is not cautiously avoided, instead vehemently encouraged, and therefore broken homes, uncontrolled violence and widespread death reigns. (WWBHH)

That is their gospel.

I want God to use me, I want huge things to come out of 4 walls.

2 comments:

Jen said...

That was very powerful!

Gerri said...

tears in my eyes too Miranda.

well said.