Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Goals for 2010

I have been thinking about my goals for 2010, there are so my area's in my life where I feel like I need so much improvement.



  • My walk: I hunger for Jesus. I struggle in so many area's, I need HIM so wash away my sin, purify my heart. I know true joy doesn't come from our circumstances in life and that it is gift from God that must be chosen to walk in. In 2010 I want to make myself less known and Christ known more.

The Lord looks upon your heart because it is the fountain of your life. Your heart is the core of your personality consisting of will, emotions, mind, and affections. It is the seat of government. What reigns there rules you. What fills your heart flows from your life. Transformation of your heart must take place for your life to change. How does this happen? It happens by the operation of the Holy Spirit using the Word of God. With a wholly yielded life you give yourself to meditating on the Word of God, praying for its truth to be revealed to your inner man, and obeying it in faith through all the circumstances of life. It is a process that sometimes seems painfully slow, but it is certain if you do your part because your Heavenly Father wants it for you more than you want it.



  • My Marriage: Gosh I fall short here so much. I am blessed with an amazing husband, who loves the Lord and leads his family so well. And so much of my selfishness pours out. This year my goal is to make sure I am the wife of his dreams. What that means would look different in every ones marriage.



  • Children: For as long as I have been a Mom I have set goal's in my mothering every New Year. And not because I am failing in an area but more as reminders that they are still important.
    Things I have planned are books we will read together, places I want to go with them,
    dates, tea parties....



  • Health: In November 2009 I made some big changes to my health and in the way I take care of my body. I have lost 20lbs now and will continue in the New Year on the road to healthy living.

Our yesterdays present irreparable things to us; it is true that we have lost opportunities which will never return, but God can transform this destructive anxiety into a constructive thoughtfulness for the future. Let the past sleep, but let it sleep on the bosom of Christ.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just linked to your blog from RGT forum. I just wanted to tell you how wonderful these words were to my mind and heart:Our yesterdays present irreparable things to us; it is true that we wave lost opportunities which will never return, but God can transform this destructive anxiety into a constructive thoughtfulness for the future. Let the past sleep, but let it sleep on the bosom of Christ.

I am so very thankful for what Christ has done for us and to us and through us!

Anonymous said...

forgot to sign!
Julie (julieabird)