Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tis the season to be busy...


Advent day 14 was skating on the lake.
Even though it was -5 F the kids skated for hours! Coming in for hot chocolate warm ups and then back out. We are very blessed to have like minded friends whom our families love to be together. Their is something special when you truly love your friends children.



This is Abby, Rachael loves to be doted on by her.
I can't believe how fast the days are flying by. I go to bed every night thinking of what I need to get done. And really so much of it is just basic household stuff.

So I have some changes coming to my morning. A very dear friend that the Lord has placed in my life at the perfect timing has really encouraged me to get up early before my children and soak in the Word. I read this quote and it's SO TRUE " What would bread be without flour? nothing but a pile of mushy goo.- What is mothering with out God and the Word? nothing but a pile of emotional mess!"
I have been really discouraged lately in my walk and really pondering the verse "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it." I am seeing so many Christians that are walking on a wide road and it scares me. I feel like I have come to this spot with some Christian friends in my life where I am waving "Good-Bye" I am not content to stay in this place. It's not all about fun, fellowship, silliness to me. I need Jesus! and I need him DAILY! I need to keep moving forward and I'm sad but I'm afraid it means leaving somethings behind.









No comments: