Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Want to Go Back in Time..


Today the children and I had a bunch of shopping to get done. We were in Walmart in the baby section and I could hear a frustrated mom, although I couldn't see her.
Then we bumped into each other...
She had 3 children around ages 4, between 16-20 months and one around 6-7 months plus she was pregnant( I think).

She was hard not to notice cause she was yelling alot.
The older girl had an maybe week old black eye and then the toddler had a large bruise down his cheek.

Normally that wouldn't bother me, kids fall things happen.
We ended up in the check out with her and she had her toddler on her hip and she loudly yells " I told you to shut-up right now! I am going to smack you again if you don't be quiet!"

Then her toddler took a swat at her face and she then grab his arm and made him hit himself over and over.
And then she yelled " I am going to beat your ______ when we get home"

I was shaking, I felt sick to my stomach.
Everyone around us pretended not to notice, and I said and did nothing. And I just feel so sick about that.

I felt sick for hours later, I have been praying and emailed some good friends that I knew would "get me" and asked them to be praying that our paths would cross.
I felt like I was begging the Lord for another chance, I desperately wanted to go back in time 4 hours.

I wish I would have said "aww looks like your having a busy day, the kids and I are going to go get some french fries would you like to join us? treat is on us... Hoping she would maybe take it, and just chit chat over fries and a drink about her family. Hoping a gentle response would encourage her to be more gentle? I duno... I'm so bummed I want another chance! Anybody who knows me in real life knows this would be extremely hard for me. But I want another chance!!

If you can please pray for this mom and her children, I know the little boys name is Adian.
----------------------------
Loving devotion to the Lord Jesus means we embrace the desires of His heart. His heart is for a lost world. He came to seek and to save the lost and to give His life a ransom for many. With a price more costly than we can ever imagine He sacrificed Himself on the cross for lost people. Before He departed for heaven He commissioned His followers, the church, to continue what He came to do, to preach the Good News to the ends of the earth. And He gave the power of His Spirit to accomplish His assignment.
If I love Him I want to satisfy His heart. If I love Him I want to do my part to reach the lost. If I love Him I want to express His compassion to those without Him. It is so easy to be immersed in my Christian world of church-life, Bible studies, growth groups or whatever is meaningful to my own Christian life and forget to reach out intentionally to the unsaved. Can I say that I love the Lord Jesus and yet remain silent around lost people I encounter along life’s path? Can I say I want Him to be glorified and yet not engage in that which satisfies His heart’s desire—the rescue of those facing God’s eternal punishment?

3 comments:

Kristi said...

So sad about that family :( That is so wonderful that you long to help others.

Jody Spark said...

Praying tonight for that family :(

Anonymous said...

I understand how you are feeling. I watched Tara do that to her oldest daughter when she lived at dad's place. Dad and Theresa would just sit there and not say a word, so I thought that is what I should do too. I finally couldn't take it anymore when I heard my niece screaming while Tara yelled at her. I said something and it felt good. However, having it been family, I got some serious backlash from those who turned a blind eye. I pray that you do cross her path again and this time have the courage to reach out to her.