Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Running my Race

On Sunday I ran my 5K race. I trained with a friend for 6 weeks. The day had come, I was so nervous I couldn't even eat before I ran. I wanted to give it everything I had.

After the run was completed and we all were home, I went to lay my aching body into bed and I started to re-play the race in my head. I couldn't believe how closely it resembles our spiritual race.

Keep your eyes straight ahead;
ignore all sideshow distractions.
Watch your step,
and the road will stretch out smooth before you.
Look neither right nor left;
leave evil in the dust.
Proverb 4:2527

The finish line is what keeps you going, you see it in the distance but everything in you wants to stop and give up. Running is hard and it hurts just like our spiritual run. We can get side tracked and caught up in strategies that we forget the goal. And the goal is to finish and finish well. If we start focusing how everyone around us is running we can get so side tracked we lose our race.




I was very pleased with my time 033:03 , the last time I ran 5K my time was 039:56 so a big difference.




2 comments:

Bloggy Mama said...

Wat to go, Miranda!!

Jen said...

Great job! I started running a year ago and did my first 5K last August. I still run, but haven't done a race yet th is year. It really is a great exercise :)