Monday, August 9, 2010

Living the Rich Life








I woke up this morning around 6am the rain was loud I could hear it pour through the gutters, they must need cleaned out. Water was spilling out everywhere. I closed my eyes and pulled my baby in closer taking a deep breath of his Johnson & Johnson baby smelling hair and drift back asleep until 9:30! I couldn't believe my littles all were sounds asleep.


This is a quote out of a book I am re-reading for the 100th time.

"She says I shall now have one mouth the more to fill, and two feet the more to shoe; more disturbed nights, more laborious days, and less leisure for visiting, reading, music, and drawing. Well! this is one side of the story, to be sure, but I look at the other. Here is a sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss; here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery. Here is a soul to train for God, and the body in which it dwells is worthy all it will cost, since it is the abode of a kingly tenant. I may see less of friends, but I have gained one dearer than them all, to whom, while I minister in Chist's name, I make a willing sacrifice of what little leisure for my own recreation my other darlings had left me. Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to your mother's heart, welcome to her time, her strength, her health, her tenderest cares, to her life-long prayers! Oh, how rich I am, how truly, how wondrously blest!"

It's been and interesting time not having Chris here, I have missed him so much it hurts. I was washing out a big pot this evening staring out the window, I do my best thinking and praying in that spot. More and more it's here at home, in my daily life, I experience more of Jesus, more of the power of the Holy Spirit, than at anywhere else. It has taken me a long time to be content in this place, but he is so faithful to us. More and more I am seeing how the rich life is the quiet one, the guarded one. It's here at home in front of my kitchen sink where I pour my heart out to Him or I am singing his praises as loud as I can while my children play and before I know it they are singing with me.

Sometimes when he calls us to live a life that is counter-cultural it's lonely. But He is faithful, he knows our heart, he knows words can sting and be painful.
But compromise is not an option. And when we are lonely, He will wrap His arms of love around us and we can cry out to Him "Abba Father".

It's in these moments I hear a still small whisper encouraging me to keep going. "Hold nothing back for God, not even our need to be accepted" Keep looking froward the goal is ahead no matter what the opinions of others is follow the leading of the Holy Spirit. And so I am reminded that there are worse things than suffering loneliness or disapproval. Even with those things we do not walk alone we are walking with the King.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I love this Miranda. You are so right, and I'm so glad you are feeling God's comfort and encouragement in this difficult time. (((((((Miranda))))))

Rebecca said...

so true. God calls us to walk the path that He gives us. No one else. Walk your path Miranda, and God will bless you greatly!

Sara M said...

this was very encouraging, and inspiring!!