Monday, August 16, 2010

Guatemala in Snips


"Here am I, send me; send me to the ends of the earth; send me to the rough, the savage pagans of the wilderness; send me from all that is called comfort on earth; send me even to death itself, if it be but in Thy service, and to promote Thy kingdom."



Austin heading to do VBS riding on the top of a Van. Something that would not happen in Canada. Does he look thrilled?

Helping with a work project, Chris just keeps telling me how proud I would have been to see Austin work so hard.






Chris said after the worship service in the morning, he heard singing down the hall so he went to go look and he said all the children were praying loud and singing, all alone.
He said this is one area in our home he wants to see grow, is the daily praise and worship. Im so excited to see what God is going to do







Austin and Pastor Rob doing VBS crafts. Austin said this was one of his favorite times.
























I guess there was a moth the size of Chris's hand and Rob ( our Pastor and his son) and Ryan were scared of it. Austin when to go pick it up and Ryan freaked out. This is him stopping him LOL








This is the little guy our local homeschool support group sponsors together.









Austin outside one of the homes they went to go visit.












This has a huge story behind it. That Chris says shook him. They went here to pray over the land. In this bush hundreds of children were slaughtered is the worst ways I have ever heard. I wont write how on here because it's alot for my younger kids to read. Chris would just pray over Austin that God would protect his heart and mind during these times that he would filter what he was ready to hear. Jesus is so faithful from what Austin has told me, he took alot in but right at what he is able to handle.












Chris in his glory helping a man with rebar. I teased him asking if he showed him or took over. LOL










Austin said this little boy wanted to become friends right away. His name is William even though they had no clue what each other were saying to each other.









































I post this one cause it's so sad. It's took from the plane and the dark cloudy part you see is all the oil in the gulf.









Last night bedfore Austin went to bed, he told me he was homesick. I said "homesick?" and he told me he belongs in Guatemala. They have so many amazing stories, I am so thankful they got to go and serve there.

"Christ is either Lord of all, or He is not Lord at all."

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Thanks for posting those photos Miranda. What an amazing opportunity ..... what amazing men you sent.