Sunday, October 24, 2010

Feeding my sheep


This afternoon I put on a big pot of chili as I was chopping all the veggies and little and big fingers kept coming in to snag a red pepper here or there I was thinking about our Heavenly Father. I feel like He has me on a path right now where he is really reveling His Father heart to me.

Our Heavenly Father keeps us well fed, so as I set the table tonight I remember to show my children the heart of their Heavenly father and keep them well fed; their belly and their soul.

I love how Jesus told Peter over and over before he went to Heaven to feed his sheep. I long for my children to see through me the Father's heart and that He IS available and that when they cry out to Him that he answers just like a new baby cries out for her mother she comes. We don't stand back and ignore the small baby. I'm learning more and more how this revels God's character. It sure is causing me to stop before respond to one of my children.


1 comment:

Katy said...

Thank you Randa. I love your delightful jottings and the love you share for your family