Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Keeping them close


After a very busy school morning with 6 children I was busy vacuuming the dinning room floor when I was reminded to keep them close. My flesh wanted to send everyone off to go do there own thing, that way I could put my feet up for a few moments. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, but at that moment I knew it was *my* want for that moment.

My children love to spend time with me chatting and even doing what I am doing. My 9 year old is happy yes HAPPY to wash the floor with me when I am an enjoyable person to be with.

Isaiah 40:11 says "He shall feed His flock like a Shepherd: He shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young."

This verse makes me smile it reminds me of mothering a houseful, and being available to them.


For us to be available to them and not someone else. When we run to Jesus he doesn't give us someone else to go to He is there ready and waiting for us. It just made me think by not shooing them away I am showing them what our Heavenly Father is like.. It's kind of a scary thought that we are the first things of Jesus our children will experience. A little sobering hey?

3 comments:

Naturally Frugal Mom said...

Great post! I needed this reminder today :)

Shelly said...

I am really enjoying your blog posts Miranda ... always thoughtful and allowing for self-reflection. Thank you for that

Melanie said...

Some of our best times together (me and the kids) is housecleaning. There's something about working together that knits us together.