Friday, November 12, 2010

Morning






This year we decided to join our local homeschool groups co-op. I offered to teach a little unit study on *Farms* for the children ages 3-5. It's a cute little class. I have had amazing helpers, which I humbly admit I need at this point. All the older children are loving there classes. Spanish and drawing seem to be the favorite's. But there is a down side to committing to a 6 week program...... Getting out the door with 6 children and my pregnant self poses some challenges. More the battle with in myself. I tend to not naturally be a *morning* person. And all my children have fallen into a natural morning routine. I tend to take a good hour to wake-up. Almost sounds really selfish of me. But I find it very humbling for my friends to see me at my not so cheerful self at 8:30am when I am still trying to wake my brain up. I have noticed my whole countenance has been awful for 3 weeks on Friday. While out this morning I became more and more convicted of my stinky negitive additude and realized I have let it become a habit to complain. I do know better!!! And I do know that a joyful heart is also a habit. When I choose to have a good additude it frees me to succeed and thrive. I even phoned up two homeschool friends and apologized for being so rotten.
Thankfully my friends are so gracious with me they "pretended" like they had not even noticed. When I got home and laid on my bed while my little one fell asleep I got thinking, when I am truly busy I don't have time to stop and moan. I really can’t picture Mother Theresa complaining about how tired she was or turning away another child.

7 comments:

Chrystal said...

<3

Sheri Hepworth said...

Theresa was never pregnant. She wasn't a believer either so don't look to her for any reference of how a young mom pregnant with her seventh child should respond to the leading of the Lord!

miranda said...

Sheri, I like that you still call me a "young mom" hehe... I was young when I first met you at 18 :P

Melanie said...

I think there are very few of us who are cheerful and awake that first hour of co-op! I noticed you hideout a lot but not that you were cranky.

Pegsy said...

Miranda, you know I can fully empathize with not being a morning person! And while my kids are loving Co-op as well, we will all be glad to have our Friday mornings back! Thanks for the reminder that a joyful spirit is a habit. I have a few other areas where I need to be forming this habit...

Tiffany said...

Hey Miranda....its great to read your blog!! What a beautif family. Wow mother hood is such a journey.

Sara M said...

I definately didn't notice you being cranky!! But, this really got me thinking about my own crankiness...