Sunday, January 30, 2011

Waiting for baby #7


I had wanted to write down a few things about my pregnancy before it was over, and since it's almost 1:30 am and I can't sleep I thought now would be a good time.

This pregnancy like the others had ups and downs. While I would go weeks with very painful spurts of PSD where I questioned my sanity to days of pain-free living where I loved every moment of carrying new life. I struggled off and on with the "whys" are my pregnancies so difficult when we are so willing to raise children for the Lord. To again moments of "this is the most amazing blessing to be apart of". Now at my due date there is light at the end of the tunnel the days are slow and long waiting but I anticipate with much joy the birth of this blessing.
Birth is such a miracle I keep looking over at the birthing pool in my bedroom waiting to be filled up and I am filled with so much awe and wonder. I have been thinking about my last 6 births and each one is so amazing in there own way. I can't wait to see how this story unfolds.

These last few weeks have brought with it a roller coast of emotions. From being so tired I want to curl in a ball and sleep the days away to insane bursts of energy that leave me taking apart bunk beds and rearranging kids rooms. Moments of wanting and needing friends closer than they are to pushing back.
It's so amazing all the emotions that go with pregnancy.

I have been having contractions for a good 2 weeks sitting here at 4cm dialated, with temptations of castor oil yet knowing and trying to trust that God's timing is the best time. I can't believe even doing this for the 7th time it still streches me like crazy.

Chris has been so helpful with the children, and doing what ever I need in the moment. I feel pretty spoilt, I must say I love these times in our marriage I feel extra close and in love with him. Watching his excitment as we wait and drive ourselves crazy over every twinge wondering if the time has come makes me love him more and more.

Our school work slowed down alot this past week, we've just stuck to our devotions and some flashcards. I have spent my days cleanning and just letting the kids play.
It's been pretty enjoyable.

The children are beyond excited with what is about to take place. Every night when we tuck them they say "don't forget to wake us up" Austin has made sure there is crushed ice in the freezer everyday just in case. And I look and my *baby* Jude and I am just so excited he gets to experance a younger sibling. I remember after I had Jude that night Chris and I laid in bed chatting and I remember saying "it makes me sad that one day one of our children will never get to know the joy of a new baby and becoming a older sibling".

Well it's now after 2am, and my sweet 5 year old boy just crawled into my bed after having a bad dream so here's to hoping my next blog post is a birth announcment. Please keep me and our newest little one in prayer.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Ok, enough already ...... have the baby would you please!!!! LOL