Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Zachary has a dream of opening a bakery one day, He wants to call it "Big Z's"
my mom is one of his biggest encourager's. She took him home Monday afternoon to let him practice icing. He did really well for his first time piping.






Recently in our city our buses had adds put up that say "There probably is no God so quit worrying and enjoy your life" yesterday on my way out to meet a friend the bus drove through the intersection and spray painted right across it said " Psalms 14. When I got home I went to look it up it says " The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God",they are corrupt,"

I have to admit someones bravery made me laugh a little.


I have been really digging into the Psalms lately, I love how there is a Psalm for almost every feeling or thought. I love how each one is a reminder that God is in control. How he knows us inside and out, though and loves us even when we arn't too love able.


Chris recently challenged me on pressing forward and keeping my eyes on the goal. I find I often can catch myself being idol, a time waster. So I took some of his gentle reminders and boy oh boy what a difference it has made in 3 short days. I am getting so much more done, and with a joyful heart. It's scary how quickly we can turn our eyes off the Lord and not even know!


All 7 children woke up in the night with fevers, but even through teary eyes and sleeping kids on the couch it was so nice to just be. I sat in the rocking chair for 2 hours with my two small girls. And Rachael leans down a kisses Hannah on the head and whispers "your such a little gift" then she pops her thumb back in her mouth and leans against me. I though to myself so often I am up doing something or on the phone or zoned out on the computer, but today I ignored the outside world and fully embraced them. Thinking that I was self-sacrificing to bless them but in turn it was me that was blessed.







1 comment:

Jen said...

Looks like he did a good job!
Keeping focused is something I tend to struggle with.
Bless you all!