Thursday, October 6, 2011

Side Tracked


Isaiah 26 says,
"You keep him in PERFECT PEACE whose mind is stayed on You, trust in the Lord forever"

I realized I have allowed people into my life that are causing me to stumble and get side tracked.
I don't want to get caught up in a "christian rabbit trail" lie. A lie that is pulling me away from my children.
I had to take a really good look at a few things/people I have let speak into my life and it's pulling away from these little gifts in my life.
I look into these eye and ask " what am I doing here? Am I really going to regret this in 30 years? do these people really matter? do they really love me?


“It is a terrible delusion to be content, even delighted, at hearing the Word and yet not being willing to do it. Actually, it is quite common for multitudes of Christians to listen to the Word of God regularly and earnestly and yet not obey it. If their own employee, for example, were to listen to their instructions but not do what was asked of him, they would be very displeased. And yet so complete is the delusion, they seldom realize that they are not living consistent Christian lives. What is the cause of this delusion?

For one thing, people mistake the pleasure they have in hearing the word for spirituality and worship. The mind delights in having the truth clearly presented; the imagination is gratified by its illustration; the emotions are stirred by its application. To an active mind, knowledge gives pleasure. A man may study some field of science—electricity, for example—merely for the enjoyment the knowledge gives him, without the least intention of applying it practically to that line of work. And so many people go to church and enjoy the preaching—but they have no intention of doing what God asks. The unconverted and the converted man alike may remain content to continue sinning, confessing, and sinning again.”

Andrew Murray

The Believer’s Daily Renewal, 44-45
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

James 1:22 (ESV)

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Cute picture ;) I hope I'm not one of those people...:)
In all honestly, I think we all as mothers go through seasons of doubt and questioning what in the world we are doing surrounded by these children.
I think that doubting/questioning is the very thing that can drive us to the heart of God by moving us from simple obedience to his call for obedience sake and really have our hearts transformed and brought to a place where in our hearts we'd really rather not do anything but obey because we want to do what it is He's asking.
Don't know if that makes any sense the way I've written it, but you know I have had this very struggle for the last few years. I know that once I moved past doing what I ought because I ought to and really examined my heart and confessed I didn't want to, the Lord then began to change my heart's desires and is bringing me to a place of being motivated from the heart, not outward conformity.
Sometimes I get so focused I what I ought to do, I don't even sit back and ask what it is I really want to do and let God change my heart. He wants our hearts not outward obedience. Don't fear what you're seeing there, just bring it to Him.

Kristi said...

I just looked for you on facebook, are you not there?! How will I get ahold of you?? LOL

Jody Spark said...

Oh dear, Miranda. I hope your reference to the Christian rabbit trail doesn't isn't referring to the link I sent you. I sure wouldn't want to lead one of His little ones astray. His judgment about that is severe. :(