Wednesday, December 28, 2011



As 2011 wraps up, I thought I
would summarize the year and remember just how blessed we are. I’d also like to
think about my vision and goals for this coming year.
At the beginning of 2011 I was
37 weeks pregnant looking forward to the arrival of our 7th
child. The days coming up to her birth
were some very stretching long days, I cried out to the Lord constantly to
sustain me and give me just enough grace to get through each day.
Nine days over her due date
Hannah Jubilee showed up in February on the 8th in the wee hours of
a cold snowy morning. In May we made the
decision to move forward and purchase a home of our own. The summer months were filled with moving and
company. We feel so blessed to be out in
the country. Every time we turn down our driveway I thank the Lord for what he
has provided. I truly love it. Another
door that opened this year is I started a relationship with my biological
father whom I had pervious only met once. It has been a lot of fun getting to
know him. It’s a little hard for me to
even put into words all I can really say is it’s been really good for my heart. This fall I was diagnosed with thyroid
disease with some concerns we are going to keep an eye on, that kept my weeks
pretty busy with doctors’ appointments.
I was looking over my goals from last year and
was pretty happy to see how much growth I made this year. Two things that really stood out to me were
about hospitality and being more encouraging to my children. I have really made some noticeable changes in
those areas it’s pretty exciting to see evidences of God’s Grace working in my
life.
For 2012 I have decided to really dive into my
prayer life. I have a hunger to see God
move this year. I also plan to work on
my health and fix some of the damage I have done to my body. I have started to make some changes but it
has been a little harder over the holidays.

No comments: