Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A picture of my mom and I Christmas Eve.



This Christmas my dad surprised me with a
fancy cappuccino/coffee maker, I was so excited that I could make Starbucks
drinks way up here in the country. As I sit here this cold snowy night sipping
my chai latte, I am just so thankful for this life I have. This past fall with a pretty big health
wake-up call cause me to really focus on how I am mothering my little lambs.
These seven children are such precious gifts to me I realized there isn’t much
time. I will look back on these years thinking these were the best times. I
want my children to have fond memories of their childhood. I don’t want them to
have memories of a selfish mom that only thought about herself and her “needs”.
Nope, I want my children to remember that there mom always had a smile and a
hug for them. Now I am not talking about
not being real with your kids. I am talking about me getting over myself and
loving them despite myself, loving them the way Jesus wants a mother love. I
think the world has us so confused we forget about what true JOY in the Lord really
is. I must admit I look around me and see so many Christians with solemn faces.
Where is the Joy? Where are those Godly mothers that radiate Joy? The ones that
love what they are doing, the ones that are an encouragement to all those
around them? I teach my kids JOY J-
Jesus first O-others second and Y- yourself last. But I look around and the lie
of the enemy has Christian women believing the ways of the world. This year I resolve to be what I envision.
To make whatever changes needed to live this out. I sense a time of solitude
coming. A time to really focus on what’s in my four walls, a time to mentor my
older children and grow as a wife.




"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he" (Proverbs 29:18). True happiness comes when we obey God's Word it is my prayer that you would dig deep into the Word and seek and find where true Joy comes from.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Very nice picture. :) Do you ever email anymore? I want to talk to you somehow. Can you email me at blessedwinter@gmail.com ?