Sunday, March 11, 2012

Last week proved to be very busy. Monday was our monthly home school meeting, it was pretty laid back meeting but a few people spoke and I was really encouraged.
Tuesday was an exciting day for us, we started visiting a retirement home. Every week we will be going in for a couple hours to visit. My big kids will be Wii bowling with some seniors. It was a great day; I really wish we had done this a lot sooner.
Thursday ~sigh~ Thursday I was having company over for dinner. As I was getting everything ready just served my guests a cup of coffee one of my children came running letting me know Jude was puking down stairs. I ran to him and sure enough puke is everywhere. I carry him upstairs and bathe him while my company waits get him some new clothes and continue getting things ready. Just as I get dinner on the table everyone is about to take a bite my poor little Rachael vomits through my kitchen  Whisking her off to the bathroom, Chris gets the floor cleaned up my poor company probably not knowing if they should stay or run as fast as they can, lol I call out from the bathroom that they can indeed RUN if they want. To my surprise everyone stay and eats, although I sure didn’t feel like eating. The next 72 hrs consisted of everything a stomach bug does I was bound to my bed snuggling my 3 feverish babies. I’m pretty sure I caught up on the last year of sleep. It’s now Sunday night and after a light dinner and bath I ‘m pretty sure everyone is on the mend.
Tomorrow my oldest turns 13, we are very excited for this milestone and are really looking forward to the years to come. I will be making one of his favorite meals and I would like to snap a few photos of him. Chris is taking him in a couple weeks on a father son trip to his first NHL hockey game. Our plan is to mark the switch into young adulthood with a trip with each child. 

1 comment:

Sirianni said...

Hope everyone is better already and nobody else gets sick! Happy Birthday to Austin!