Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Wedding



My little sister got married on 12/12/12 last week.  As in "little" I mean I am 3 weeks older..... yea seriously, who does that?!?! LOL
Her wedding was breath taking, it wasn't that it was super fancy or that thousands of dollars were spent but God showed up that day. 
    The day was interesting for me, maybe bitter sweet is the right way to say it. It felt like a lot of things were happening all at once for me. Her vows were beautiful and reminded Chris and I of the promise we made to each other. I watched closely as each piece of the day unfolded as I watched I clearly could hear the Lord speak to my heart.
                     I have watch her change so much this year as she makes steps towards Christ.
Her journey towards Him has been at times painful to watch as the pull of our flesh feels really powerful at times. Yet slowly a little step at a time both her and my new brother in law are walking towards Him. I was able to have a moment with both of them that day and really tell them what I see happening in there lives. On the way home that night emotion bubbled over the top and a huge release of tears came. I understand that most of what I am saying has no words to explain and it really is a work of the Holy Spirit and maybe in 6 months I will be able to share more of what that day did, but for now this is all I got... It was pretty amazing. :)

No comments: