Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Grace in the Moment


                                                                       Surrender to what is.

                Let GO of what was….  Have faith in what will be.
  I have this little saying written down in my journal, sometimes when change whips at us it can be difficult to remember that God knows every circumstance in our lives.  One thing my Dad always says to me is “What goes in ugly comes out ugly.” For the longest time I never really understood exactly what he was pointing to but he seemed to say it if I was upset at something.  All he was telling me was every time you choose to let go of something you make more room in your heart for God to fill and in turn a cleaner affection for other people. 
Everyone potty trains naked with winter boots right?
I was watching my little ones play this morning, they had this elaborate world of make believe going.  The sounds of their play was precious, I often say to myself don't forget what this moment feels like.  It’s why I blog, because likely I’ll forget. Anyway my darling little Hannah got upset and decided the best way to deal was to bite her sister with all her might.  Oh dear ~ Toddlers need I say more.  After taking care of Rachael and then Hannah everything settled down and playing continued I started to think about how we can expect so much more out of our children that we ourselves are able to handle. Children are not strong enough or firm enough in their convictions to stand against temptation, and I know for me it’s an upwards battle to make the right choices.  How do I teach my girls to let their emotions follow not lead when I myself am learning the same principle?
I want my children to treat others with kindness, showing love to one another. I want them to feel loved an accepted to be patient with each other.  I want them to catch a critical spirit and rebuke it before it does damage to their spirit causing them to feel insecure. I want them to not fall into the comparison trap, that they will know from the bottom of their bellies that God our Father WANTS THEM. That He made them and delights in who He made them to be.




I want to make every effort to train them to see God’s gifts in everyday trials.  Most of all I want to be their role model, I need Jesus’s help daily to remember they ARE indeed watching. I need Him to change me into the godly woman that He longs for me to be. The only sure way I know to do that is to love Jesus with everything in me.



No comments: