Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Night out Tubing

 
An opportunity came up this week to go to the ski hill with a couple local churches to go tubing, it was such an excellent price I jumped at it.
I didn’t bother even telling the children until we were eating dinner, I just love surprising them.  
I took along our little infant sled and pulled baby up and down little hills for almost an hour until I was sure we were both freezing. So we took off to warm up in the lodge to sit by the fire.  


 
Jude (3 ½) surprises me with his bravery. He had no trouble being a big boy trucking up to the tow and going down the huge tubing park. He looked so tiny sitting in the tube with his little head poking out. He would squeal with excitement once at the bottom. I would stand there and my belly ached from laughing watching him.



 
Rachael (5) was a little more nervous it took a little pressure from little brother showing her up. She would have none of that happening. I could tell she was scared with tears in her eyes; everyone around the fire was cheering her on as the man hooked up her tube to be towed up. First run down she was sold! I didn’t see her for the rest of the night.


The big kids found friends from church and AWANA and linked up all their tubes to go down. I had a difficult time juggling my camera and Hannah to get any great pictures.   I’m sure there will be other times, the kids continue their school ski and snowboard lessons this Wednesday. 

No comments: