Thursday, March 21, 2013

Homemaking Spring Cleaning Part 1

 
 
 
What mom doesn't want a clean house?  It's hard work especially when you have little ones or a large family to keep running.
This isn't going to be a blog series on how to clean cause I think most people know how it  takes time and dedication to get it done. My kitchen is nothing fancy and rather small for a family our size but it works and it carries the heart of our family.
        This is inside my fridge which often has spilt milk in it from kiddies getting a drink.  That bottom shelve is all milk. The big pot is milk separating to make butter.


                                 My kitchen is the main central station, my children can find me in there most of the time.  My older 3 rotate nightly kitchen duty but sometimes it needs mom to go in and do an over haul. Pulling out the fridge and stove. Scrubbing scrubbing scrubbing....

                               My favorite little corner where my coffee and lattes are made.
         This is where we gather 3 times a day for our meals. We have never been a spread out around the house to eat or eat in front of the TV kind of family. It always has been really important to me that the meal table is a consistent thing. Proverbs 9:1-2 says, "Wisdom has builded her house... she has also furnished her table."   I want my children's memories to be filled with the aroma and fellowship of the evening.
This our spring bucket list. I like to have a seasonal bucket list on the wall near the table, it sparks conversation and imaginations. The rain drops have a "to-do" written down.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I loved your Spring bucket list! Loved your latte corner. God bless your loved filled home!