Saturday, March 23, 2013

Homemaking Spring Cleaning Part 3

The learning room/playroom.  I don't like even calling it that because it really doesn't fit how I view education. Maybe I should call it "The place mom stores the school books and we sometimes do our work down there."
When we bought this house I wanted the downstairs fixed up ASAP. It was horrible in my opinion.
The walls are paneled but not even nice panels they have a million tiny holes.. The owners before us had a dart board, so you can just imagine what they look like.
 
     As time wore on though this room grew on me and I became thankful to have an area where I can really relax and the kids can be kids. Not much is going to get damaged down there.  This is where we do our book work, do crafts, and play games....  sometimes. This round table is from the thrift store and fits all our little people around it.
                  The train table got moved downstairs with the other toys. I got rid of a box of books and a garbage bag of broken toys.
  This is my main school shelve it has most of our curriculum on it with games and manipulative's. The huge photo copier I scored from Dh's work when they upgraded.
                                                   Big view of my humble basement. *blush*

No comments: