Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father's Day

 I started this post on Father's Day evening and keep coming back to it in my spare time HA! what ever that is?

We spent the day with family having a BBQ took our kids out shopping for new swim suits. It's always an adventure going to the mall with everyone. We get lots and lots of comments about how many there are etc..  the other day I took everyone shopping and this lady flipped out and called other people to me shaking my hand like I am a celebrity saying that she had been watching us shop and how happy and well behaved our children are. Funny thing was I woke up with a headache not in the mood to shop didn't feel like a great mom at all and yet God used a stranger to encourage me.  Unfortunately the comments Chris gets are all sexual in nature, and yet what people don't  look at it is what I see and live with ever day. He really is the most amazing dad I have ever met, I really am so blessed to be married to him.
*He amazes me with his heart he has for each one.
*He amazes me with his patience and tenderness.
*He amazes me with his energy to keep up with them!
*He amazes me with his passion to encourage them and build them up.
*He amazes me that he takes turns getting up with them in the middle of the night.
*He amazes me how hard he works to provide for them all.
*He amazes me how there is hardly an evening he hasn't read, sang and prayed with them since they were born.
*He amazes me how he actually spoils them.
*He amazes me with his devotion to pray for them in the late night hours or even just in the middle of the day.
*He amazes me with his ability to babysit all seven so I can get a few hours alone on Tuesday nights.
*He has amazed me with his laundry skills and dish washing skills and bathroom cleaning skills and cooking for a pregnant woman skills and fetching crying baby skills. Now, he didn't come by all those before I met him, but decided to be the best Daddy he could be!

No comments: