Monday, August 19, 2013

Pregnancy Update 27 weeks.

            I can't believe we are heading into the last stretch here.   I am amazed that no signs of PSD this pregnancy. PSD can drain any woman and make her question her sanity. Words I would use to describe how I feel are heavy and tried. This week was harder than the last week on my body which I think it’s just  going to be that way until they are here! Finding comfortable positions sitting or laying is becoming harder and harder. The past 2 days the babies were squishing my lungs which made it very difficult to take a breath. I slept  up on big stacks of pillows including my snoogle.  

Last week I had an ultrasound to check the babies growth, baby A was 2lbs 5ozs and baby B 2lbs 1oz. I can only image what the pressure is going to be like when they are 5+ lbs each! Not to mention two sacks and two placentas!  They are doing fantastic. Heart beats were 142 and 158, A was breech and B was head down.   I have a fundal height of 36cm typically with a singleton your fundal height stays within your number of weeks, so at 27 weeks you would be around 27cm. I hope to grow these little boys into the 50's range.

 I have a large to-do list over the next 3-4 weeks I would like to get done.  I would like to get my change table re-painted. It's over 24 years old and I remember the day at 7 years old when my mom and dad bought it for my brother. Amazingly enough SEARS still sells the exact one!  I need to buy a nice stash of receiving blankets and then I have two swings picked out.  It would be nice to pre-make some meals and have some in the freezer for those last few weeks.  The hard part now is standing for extended periods of time so we will see if that actually gets to happen.

Last week I took a spontaneous trip up north to a long time friends house husband-less and children-less.  The only time I have done something like this is to a homeschool convention, so taking a trip that was just for my fun was way out of normal for me.  My friend had twins in March so I wanted to go snuggle babies and visit asking all those questions that would still be fresh in her mind.  I was so encouraged by her and different things to say to those nosey ones that you really would rather not answer.

3 comments:

Miranda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miranda said...

Beautiful photos!

Miranda said...

beautiful photos