Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Raspberry Leaf Home Made Tea

 
Raspberry leaf tea is probably my favorite herb and definitely my most consumed herb. It's not my favorite because of the taste but because of the amazing health profile it carries.  It's naturally high in magnesium, potassium, iron and b-vitamins which make it helpful for nausea, leg cramps and improves your sleep during pregnancy. It strengthens the uterus and pelvic muscles which some midwives say leads to shorter and easier labors. This has been a very true fact for me, it also has helped with postpartum bleeding.  I currently am almost 27 weeks with my twins and am drinking 2L a day of it at almost $7 a box it can get expensive quickly and I run out at the worst times. If you scroll back a couple posts I shared that someone blessed us with raspberry plants, what a perfect time to make my own leaf tea!  All you need to do is pluck off a decent amount of nice looking ones. Once you’ve collected a decent amount of leaves, give them a quick rinse and dry them out. You can do this fairly easily by laying them to dry out in the sun for a few days. Once your leaves are all nice and dry and you’re ready to brew your first cup of red raspberry leaf tea, just take about a half ounce of the leaves per cup and pour boiling water over them, steep for 10 minutes or so and then enjoy.  I have been making iced tea with mine during these hot summer days and I find drink way more this way as well.

No comments: