Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Blessed Beyond Understanding


  I realized my last blog post might not have made sense to those that didn't know what went on.
An hour and a half after the twins were born the pediatrician heard a heart murmur in Henry. He was took to the NICU to be looked over as his oxygen levels were a little low. After an ultrasound and phone calls with children's we found out our baby had a very rare heart defect that would require surgery.    I bluntly asked the pediatrician  "could he die?", and when he answered back "Yes" I felt as if he took a 2X4 to my head. I cried and prayed all night. Every couple hours Chris would help me into a wheel chair and take me to him, I would lay my hands on him tears streaming down my face praying not caring who was right there.  We were air lifted to Children's early that morning.  There are so may details I could share but to be honest it's exhausting.

We have been home a week and it's been good to have Chris home and process it all together.  Learning more about what the next 18 years are going to look like.  On Sunday our pastor said something to the effect of " look around at the people in your life and that God has placed them there".  We have been thrown head first into the medical world and are meeting some pretty fantastic people. I spent nights in the PICU rocking Henry and talking to nurses for hours.  Having nine children is an awesome conversation starter and because the choice to have a large-ish family is so strongly attached to our faith we were able to share so many things.

   I have never prayed for a doctor like I have for this man. He truly is amazing! It took everything in me when we were leaving to not tell him I loved him. :) 
Henry was on Global News 

 Henry is starting to take in a tiny bit more a feeding, but Thursday we will decide with the pediatrician if an NG tube might be a little easier on him.  I think we are leaning towards that has feeding is so hard on his breathing right now. I am thrilled he has made it back to his birth weight this week where Seamus is now well over 8lbs! 
Other than the high demands of my little man adding two has been absolutely wonderful. I am blissfully exhausted and enjoying every second of them. Henry is easy going and relaxed exactly how I knew him in the womb and Seamus has a little more fire, believes he is truly starving when not attached to me. He makes pumping for Henry a little difficult cause he really gets mad when someone else takes him for a moment.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I would say that those medical people have met a pretty fantastic family.

GreatWhiteDove said...

Miranda! I am overjoyed to hear you have twins. I will be praying for little Henry and Seamus. I wish I could be there near you to help out, but I know you are in great hands, both here in Chris's and in Jesus'. I'll be following you more now that I found you again. God bless you Sister...Karen Cypret AKA Great White Dove from IHP